The 16th july 2017 the Equestrian club "Attelage et Cavaliers du Pays de Jumilhac" organised a working horse day. A good number of heavy horse owners and their animals took part and they also brought a large selection of agricultural machines from the "horse power" era.
Despite a very hot day, a huge number of visitors came to see the demonstrations of forestry work, ploughing and hay making etc. plus the exhibition of historic machines. At lunchtime a "carre de Jumilhac" a huge burger made from the finest locally produced limousin beef was served along with chips and drinks. I went to this exceptional event along with Volker Haas and Jorge Florisson from the Jumilhac photo club and, despite the very intense middle of the day sunlight which was far too strong and contrasty we were able to get some interesting shots.
A visit with some friends to the Bastide-Neil quarter of Bordeaux to see what reamins of the "Street art" in the vast reconstruction sites by the side of the river. A large part was no longer accessible because of the construction work, but several areas were still open to the public where we were able to take photos among the ruins under a blazing sun and in awesome temperatures.
After a pause for lunch in a nearby restaurant we left for the Bassins quarter near the new cité du vin, where there are other sites with extensive "street art". Finally, around 16h, the heat (around 38°C) got too much for us and we retreated to the airconditioned comfort of our cars for the return trip.
"One of the most important festivals of the art of Mime in Europe, Mimos invites you, in mid summer, to the steets, public gardens and theatres of Périgueux."
Founded in 1983, the festival Mimos combines all the diverse arts based on movement : mime, performance, dance, circus, marionnettes...
I went to Périgueux with several friends from the club photo in Jumilhac and the club OPPV from Thiviers on the 26th July, mainly to see the street performances of the Fringe. The weather was a bit grey, but at least it did not rain and we had a very enjoyable day watching five excellent performances.
The gymnastics club La Patriote in Limoges organised the finals of the central France zone artistic gymnastics competition on saturday 13th and sunday 14th of may 2017. During these two days more than 900 competitors, aged from 9 to over 30, performed in front of a large audience (and the judges of course) at the gymnase Henry Normand in Limoges
The whole competition was covered photographically by several members of the PhotoLim87 club, my slot was from 15h to 23h on the saturday during which time I took nearly 1200 photos. Fast shutter speeds to freeze the competitors' movement combined with poor lighting in the arena made the excercise very difficult. I kept no more than 200 of the 1200 shots !
The 22nd avril 2017 was the cross country day in the Grand National event week at Pompadour. I arrived with a group of friends from the Jumilhac photo club around 11am in very strong sunshine. After resrving a table for lunch in a local restaurant, we crossed to the race course which had been transformed into a 3.8km cross country course with numerous obstacles such as ditches, tree trunks and lakes.
Thanks to a very relaxed approach by the organisers, we were able to move around freely on the course getting right up to the obstacles to take photos but the timing of the events meant shooting around midday with very strong contrasty light almost directly overhead - unavoidable and not easy to work with, especially when shooting into the light.
Around 12h30 we made our way to the restaurant for an excellent lunch in good company then, suitably fortified, returned to the course for around two more hours of photography.
Blog in english
- 2022/12 La Saison des Amours : expo in Ladignac
- 2022/11 Jazz Festival Eclats d'Email
- 2022/09 Urbaka revisited : Pooka
- 2022/09 Racing waiters in Limoges
- 2022/09 Legend'air, women in aviation
- 2022/08 An afternoon at the races in Pompadour
- 2022/07 Urbaka, festival of street theatre in Limoges
- 2022/07 Outdoor photo exhibition
- 2022/06 A visite to the Bassins des Lumières
- 2022/05 Project Photos of local industry
- 2022/04 Trip to the Camargue
- 2021/12 Ladies tennis Open in Limoges
- 2021/11 Eclats d'Email jazz festival (3)
- 2021/11 Eclats d'Email jazz festival (2)
- 2021/11 Eclats d'Email jazz festival
- 2021/10 Visite to the parc Reynou
- 2021/10 Automne in the arboretums
- 2021/09 Visit to nature reserve Teich
- 2021/07 festival Urbaka in Limoges
- 2021/07 festival of mime MIMOS in Périgueux
- 2021/05 Visit to the Jardins d'Eau in Carsac
- 2021/05 A rainy weekend in Paris
- 2021/03 A couple of days by the sea
- 2020/09 Horse racing at Pompadour
- 2020/08 Exhibition in Thivers
- 2020/02 Exhibition in the restaurant "Relais du Limousin", Limoges
- 2019/12 Exhibition at the BFM de Limoges
- 2019/12 Open tennis Limoges
- 2019/11 Jazz Festival : Eclats d'Email
- 2019/10 Visit to Oradour sur Glane - a massacred village
- 2019/07 A day of macro/close-up at the farm
- 2019/06 Hiking in the Pyrénées
- 2019/05 Valley of the apes
- 2019/04 Cross country at Pompadour
- 2019/02 Exhibition in Limoges
- 2019/02 Exhibition in Limoges
- 2018/10 Vendanges at Ch. La Coucharde
- 2018/09 summer exhibitions
- 2018/09 Racing waiters in Limoges
- 2018/07 Mimos, festival of mime in Périgueux