In early october 2018 I went with two friends to photograph the grape harvest at Ch. La Coucharde in Entre Deux Mers. It was a lovely day and we were able to photograph the seasonal workers in the vines in very pleasant sunshine.
During the summer I exhibited at Les Arts à St Paul (St Paul la Roche) in Dordogne in August, at St Laurent sur Gorre in Haute Vienne also in August and at St Pardoux Corbier in Correze in October.
My photo Carrelets took second prize at St Pardoux-Corbier.
The "course des serveuses et garçons de café", it's like life. You need to be quick, agile, know how to stay calm and not spill anything. Saturday 22 september 2018, 170 contestants waited for the start in the Place de la République, 60 for the local event and most of the rest for the national event. However, sponsors and families also took part even if they igored the rules.
Everything is carefully measured and there are penalties for every drop spilled. Proper shoes too, trainers are allowed, but there is a hefty time penalty. The race is over 4.4km (two circuits of a 2.2km course) and includes a lot of up and down hill work plus a few sets of steps. The national event was won by Thomas Vieron of Duplex in Angers. Julia Brissaud of Relais Limousin won the womens prize. A double for Cheverny of Limoges for the local event, with Tom Dugué and Tatiana Damiens.
I photographed the runnners in the Cours du Temple, in the Place Barreyrrette and mounting the steps opposite the Hotel de Ville.
"One of the most important festivals of the art of mime in Europe (the only one in France) Mimos takes place in mid summer in the streets, parks and theatres in Périgueux."
Founded in 1983, the festival Mimos covers every aspect of the arts of movement : mime, gesture, dance, circus, marionnettes...
As in 2017 I went to Périgueux with some friends from the Jumilhac photo club on 24 juillet. It was VERY hot, over 35° and the light was very harsh and strong, but the performances were superb, some moving, some amusing - all in all a very enjoyable day.
Blog in english
- 2022/12 La Saison des Amours : expo in Ladignac
- 2022/11 Jazz Festival Eclats d'Email
- 2022/09 Urbaka revisited : Pooka
- 2022/09 Racing waiters in Limoges
- 2022/09 Legend'air, women in aviation
- 2022/08 An afternoon at the races in Pompadour
- 2022/07 Urbaka, festival of street theatre in Limoges
- 2022/07 Outdoor photo exhibition
- 2022/06 A visite to the Bassins des Lumières
- 2022/05 Project Photos of local industry
- 2022/04 Trip to the Camargue
- 2021/12 Ladies tennis Open in Limoges
- 2021/11 Eclats d'Email jazz festival (3)
- 2021/11 Eclats d'Email jazz festival (2)
- 2021/11 Eclats d'Email jazz festival
- 2021/10 Visite to the parc Reynou
- 2021/10 Automne in the arboretums
- 2021/09 Visit to nature reserve Teich
- 2021/07 festival Urbaka in Limoges
- 2021/07 festival of mime MIMOS in Périgueux
- 2021/05 Visit to the Jardins d'Eau in Carsac
- 2021/05 A rainy weekend in Paris
- 2021/03 A couple of days by the sea
- 2020/09 Horse racing at Pompadour
- 2020/08 Exhibition in Thivers
- 2020/02 Exhibition in the restaurant "Relais du Limousin", Limoges
- 2019/12 Exhibition at the BFM de Limoges
- 2019/12 Open tennis Limoges
- 2019/11 Jazz Festival : Eclats d'Email
- 2019/10 Visit to Oradour sur Glane - a massacred village
- 2019/07 A day of macro/close-up at the farm
- 2019/06 Hiking in the Pyrénées
- 2019/05 Valley of the apes
- 2019/04 Cross country at Pompadour
- 2019/02 Exhibition in Limoges
- 2019/02 Exhibition in Limoges
- 2018/10 Vendanges at Ch. La Coucharde
- 2018/09 summer exhibitions
- 2018/09 Racing waiters in Limoges
- 2018/07 Mimos, festival of mime in Périgueux